Supporting all children as they explore, learn and make sense of their world is the primary goal of the WRC Nursery School teachers.
- Children learn best when they feel secure and loved so our teachers work to build trusting connections with each individual child.
- Open, supportive and trusting relationships between parents and teachers creates a partnership that enhances the school experience.
- Our teachers hold degrees in education or a current CDA (Child Development Associate Credential).
Involvement in the WRC Nursery School Parent Committee provides parents with the opportunity to make connections and be a part of a strong community.
- All parents are welcome to participate.
- Parents who join have the opportunity to help grow and shape our programs.
- There are many ways to be involved including serving as a class parent, or acting as a co-coordinator or committee member of one of our events.
- The committee helps plan, coordinate and execute our fundraisers, mission projects and enrichment events for the children and the entire family.
- Funds raised, are used for playground equipment, classroom items, security upgrades and other items needed to maintain and beautify our space.
All of these events contribute to the community environment of our school.
Starting in January, once the children have become comfortable and confident in school, we invite parents to spend time in the classroom to have a peek at what goes on while they’re away.
- Family Enrichment Program - Each family gets the opportunity to read a story to the class and interact with the children.
- Wonderful Women – Moms, grandmothers, aunts or caregivers join their child for a classroom visit where we let them know how special they are.
- Marvelous Men - Dads, grandfathers, uncles or caregivers join their child for a classroom visit where the children celebrate them.
Nursery School Committee
The Nursery School Committee is made up of church members and members of consistory, the church’s leadership. The committee is an integral part of the school’s leadership and provides input on all major educational and operational decisions.
Kat Naumann, Director
I grew up just outside of Chicago, went to college in Michigan (where I met my husband!) but have lived in New Jersey for most of my life. My two children, husband and I love to hike with our dog, Mumphrey, a Spinone Italiano. He is often referred to as my pony because he is almost as big as me and weighs nearly as much! My father moved overseas when I was in sixth grade. This led to many great adventures including two African safaris, a Nile River cruise and summers spent in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
Vacation Bible School is one of my favorite weeks of the year because I get to dance around with the kids. Many people don’t know dance was my college major. Following college, I pursued education and now have two master’s degrees, one in Critical and Creative Thinking and one in Educational Administration and Supervision. I thought I would follow in my mother’s footsteps into the medical field and become a doctor. Becoming the director of a nursery school never even crossed my mind. However, God has gifted me with the best job EVER!!
Jeanne Donnelly, Office Administrator
Tara Moynihan, Treasurer